Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Countdown 'Til Freedom Begins


With one semester down for the both of us, we are beginning to see the very distant and small light at the end of the tunnel.  Even though we both can't wait until that light gets closer and bigger, we are so happy to have successfully completed our first semester of graduate school!  For a while there, we weren't too sure if we were going to make it, and it didn't help that Peter came down with a cold right before finals week, but I am happy to report that we both survived on about 3 hours of sleep or less and completed all our final papers and exams! Yay! So I finished my last final exam on Wednesday, 12/17.  That night my DPT class had an "ugly sweater Christmas party" at one of the girls houses.  I did not have an ugly sweater, but my classmates came to my rescue and bought me an ugly sweater from a thrift store!  It was a Nutcracker theme with point shoes on the front and a nutcracker on the back! We did secret santa's and somehow the girl I had turned out to be my secret santa too!  What were the odds :)

So after a night full of fun, I slept in while Peter had to go to his last class of the semester.  When I rolled over and saw the time I figured I needed to jump out of bed and get ready as fast as I could because Peter's MBA class was doing a "pub crawl" right after their class got out at 12:30pm!  So after getting ready I met Peter and his class down at one of the bars across from campus.  After ordering our food, the groups said we only had about 5 minutes left until they were moving on to the next bar, so we ate faster than usual and left with the group. Six bars later, we decided we were tired, our feet hurt, and we were getting poorer by the minute, so we broke off and went home.  One of my classmates was hosting another get together last night, but after 2 days of partying, we were tired!  So now we are kicking back, sleeping in and enjoying being on break!! All I have to say is thank goodness that semester is over and we definitely celebrated well!! :)

3 comments:

JoeP said...

peter looks wasted in the 2nd picture there. tee-hee.

Britt said...

Congrats! Only a few more to go! :)

lyndsey said...

You two are so cute together!