Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving in DC!

So this year Peter and I traveled to Washington DC to spend Thanksgiving with his sister, Melissa, not only because we are now closer to her (being on the east coast and stuff) but because she just had a baby girl!! (check out the new album on the left!) Emmelline Carney was born November 12, 2008! Another November baby! We rock :) !  Anyway, Peter's mom Polly was already there helping Melissa and her husband Marc with Emmelline, and then we show up Wednesday morning before Thanksgiving.  So because I am allergic to cats :(, and Melissa has 3, Marc's parents were kind enough to invite all of us to stay with them for the holiday.  So it was a full house of family and it was very fun! Peter and I got to spend some quality time with our new niece, and when it was time to go, it was hard to say goodbye to her!  All in all, it was a fun holiday and we are so excited to be Aunt Sam and Uncle Peter!  I was also fortunate to have lunch with very good friends from Utah, Geri and Seth.  I lived with Geri for 2 years in college and Seth walked my mom down the isle at my wedding, so these 2 are very special friends and I am so happy that we were able to have lunch with them in Baltimore before we flew home! 
Thank you David and Linda Carney for inviting us into your home and for the wonderful food! Thanks Polly, Melissa, Marc and Emmelline for a wonderful visit and a great holiday, and thank you Geri and Seth for lunch and the drive to the airport! We had a great time and I can't wait until our next trip to DC!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

I just checked out the photo album. It looks like you had a lot of fun with the niece. Congrats!

Britt said...

Yeah, still bummed I didn't know about this and missed out on seeing you! Ugh!