In addition to his trip to South America, Peter also began his 6 month corporate residency at Raytheon back in July. He is working as a financial analyst for the company and is unfortunately learning more about working with difficult people rather than finance, but this will hopefully change as he continues to accumulate more responsibilities, hopefully. He will return for his final 2 semesters in January and graduate in August, a full 2 years before me! Aside from work and classes, Peter discovered a soccer league through a friend and is now playing again! I attended the first game of the season and had such a good time watching him play!
As for me, I have been on my little summer vacation since August 12th and will return to classes after Labor Day. After a long and challenging 1st year of PT school, I decided I needed to do some fun and relaxing stuff for my 3 week break! The first Saturday after finals, we rented a 2 person kayak and spent a couple hours kayaking along the Charles River. It was so nice to get out and do something fun without thinking about school! Then I took a trip down to Atlanta and spent some time with mom. We just relaxed, saw some movies and exercised. I took her to see Bodies the Exhibition that was in the area and we spent hours in there! I had a great time reviewing my anatomy and sharing my newly acquired knowledge of neuroscience with mom. Then after I came back, Peter and I spent last weekend camping in New Hampshire with some friends that recently moved to Boston. We camped outside of the town of Lincoln and went on a hike in the Franconia Notch State Park. It was cool and rainy, but we had a great time relaxing in the mountains and escaping from city life for a few days. Now I am enjoying my last week of vacation before heading back to a challenging semester. My classes with be pharmacology, cardiopulmonary management and musculoskeletal management 1, so even though hard, this semester should be getting into more clinically relevant skills which is exciting!
Well, that's about all I can think of at the moment. Please check out our new photo album titled Summer Adventures 2009 on the left, and hope all is well with everybody!!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update! You both sound like you are doing GREAT!!!
Post a Comment