
So on October 11, 2008, we decided to join 3 of Peter's classmates and go hiking in New Hampshire! We went to Mt. Monadnock and the drive was only about an 1 1/2, I think. It was during the peak of the fall colors and the weekend before midterms, so 2 good reasons to get out of the apt and the city! When we got there we realized that we were not the only people that had the idea to go hiking!

The parking lot was full and I felt like we were at an amusement park! Anyway, it didn't take us long to notice the differences between Utah and New Hampshire. The ground was covered in tons of colored leaves, there was moss everywhere, the trees were different and well, the air was humid. It was very beautiful, especially when we made it to our first look out point and could look out across the rolling hills covered in reds and yellows. We were always surrounded by people, so that was a little weird, it would have been nice to have been more secluded and enjoy being away from people, but at least we were in nature. The hike to the top took us only about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, and was so much easier than anything I've done in the past! I think being at a lower elevation really helped

me keep my pace up. Usually I have to ask Peter to stop because I'm so out of breath, but not this time! So, once we made it to the top there were sooooooo many people! But we found a rock to sit on, had pb+j's, enjoyed the scenery, took some pictures and decided to make out way back down. All in all it was a great day and we were so happy that we got out of Boston for a little while and saw the fall colors! Peter agreed that the colors are beautiful! Much better than just the yellow aspen's!
1 comment:
Soooo pretty!!!
Post a Comment