Friday, September 26, 2008

Beach Day at Plum Island

So, in my attempt to get acclimated to PT school, I have neglected my blogging duties.  Today we are experiencing a very rainy day, so I figure this is the perfect time to do some catch up!
A long time ago, well, September 8th, Patricia, her son Alex and I decided it was a perfect day to go tho the beach!  Both of our husbands were at school, Patrick in classes, and Peter at his first day of orientation, so we wanted to have some fun in the sun!  
We drove (well Patricia drove, I still haven't attempted driving out here!) north of Boston to a little place called Plum Island. This is Patricia's favorite beach because it is normally quiet with not a lot of people, the beach is clean and very quaint.  Once we got the, we picked out our little spot in the sand and planted ourselves down for a long day!  Alex had had some experience at the beach, but according to his mom and dad, he didn't like it very much!  Apparently little Alex does not like getting dirty and playing in dirt or sand, so I was expecting to witness an upset little boy.  But to our surprise, minutes after being placed on his towel under the umbrella, he traveled to the edge and started playing with the sand!  I believe he even tried to eat some sand at one point!  
We just spent most of our time relaxing, talking, and watching Alex explore his environment. The waves and potential undertow deterred us from swimming (and the cold water!) but we did put our feet in, and Alex!  He also does not enjoy the water, but this time he did not seem to mind getting his feet wet!  Hopefully he'll grow up to love the beach!!
We decided to call it a day when Patricia noticed how red my shoulders were.  We packed up our stuff, grabbed little Alex and headed off to Patricia's favorite lunch place.  A minute or two down the road was a double wide trailer with the sign Bob's Lobster Shack over the door.  She convinced me to order the lobster roll, which she quite accurately described as a slice of Wonder bread wrapped around tons of lobster meat in a little bit of mayo and I think some celery.  Wow!  It was good!  I don't think I finished it all because I hadn't had lobster in so long and so it was a little rich, but I will definitely be having that again!  We also had some fried clams, and yes, I tried some and can say the were actually good!  After we were stuffed with seafood, we headed home with a very tired little boy in the back seat :).  
So, I've been to the beach, got burned (and then a tan that's now faded), and had some seafood and shared it all with a good friend. It could not have been a better day :)

No comments: