Saturday, November 8, 2008

Check out our photo albums

If you haven't already, you should check out our photo albums listed on the left side of the page. Sometimes we find the time to add pictures, but neglect to comment on them. The most recent album, titled Boston Autumn, is just a few pictures from a couple of weeks ago. They were taken right after a rain storm. I originally grabbed the camera because there was an amazing double rainbow at the end of our street, but by the time I made it back outside it was gone. So I wandered over to the reflecting pool and found the water was like glass. It was a very serene and relaxing moment as I was able to snap a few photos before the wind kicked up again.

I have to explain the last picture in this album... Boston wildlife seems to be limited to pigeons, finches, seagulls, and the occasional squirrel (unless you consider the less desirable animals as well - mice, rats, etc.). I am also neglecting the Harvard turkey, as he seems to be an unusual phenomenon. One day we found this random cockatiel, and I couldn't help but take a picture. Some random guy came up and said he finds them every now and then, and that he tries to catch them and take them home. So we're not sure where the cockatiel came from, but apparently he's not the only one flying around Boston.

1 comment:

Jenica said...

I am glad you guys posted those albums! Boston looks so beautiful. Also, I am officially "tagging" you! Hopefully we can come visit you soon.